Easy~ R819 AOSP version is here!
Started By: Neal Chow Started On: 9-9-2013 21:19:03
Heard some of you are curious for this... So...R819 Stock Android 4.2 version is now ready!

Most of you would like to know: Where is this ROM from?
Sorry, I can only tell you that with some help of my friends in China, we made this build.

Since this is also an early build, there could be some bugs.

Thanks guys. Credits goes to all of you. (Omitting their names as they requested.)

Features:
Almost pure AOSP version.
Not rooted.
No GMS.
No Chinese application.
As clean as it should be.

Short instructions on how to flash it:

1. Download it and copy it to sdcard. (I would suggest you to put it into a folder named "000" or something named with number, just to make it easier to find.)
2. Shutdown the phone completely.
3. Hold "Volume -" then press "OWER" to boot into RECOVERY
4. Use the volume key to scroll down to highlighted item. Choose "Factory Reset" and use "ower" to confirm.
5. "Wipe Cache" as well so that the phone won't cause random bugs after flashing.
6. Choose "apply update from sdcard", and locate the ZIP file from the folder (like "000"). "OWER" to confirm.
7. After you see "Install from sdcard complete.", reboot the device and enjoy it.

(I will post some screenshots tomorrow.)

Here's the download link: (skydrive)
http://sdrv.ms/15Jigy4

ge.tt mirror is up:
http://ge.tt/6uNQVor/v/0?c

MEGA mirror:
R819_Stock_Android_4.2.2_wipe.zip
https://mega.co.nz/#!AYch1TKa!ci ... pYQCiJj5XcjZoXdevjQ

(I am short, but I am strong~)

Should be no problem to use ge.tt if you don't have a MS account...

Screenshot:

Most languages supported including Japanese.

NOTE: This ROM is tested on R819 International version ONLY but NOT the R819T (Chinese version).
DO PLEASE WIPE EVERYTHING BEFORE FLASHING! I am not responsible for any lost if it bricks your phone.
  • charlie2alpha
    charlie2alpha #2, 9-9-2013 21:52:00
    If you don't me asking, how did you get this file? Is this tested to work with the international version of R819?
  • Neal Chow
    Neal Chow #3, 9-9-2013 21:55:00
    charlie2alpha
    If you don't me asking, how did you get this file? Is this tested to work with the international version of R819?
    Hah~~I don't have the R819T so I can't test if this works fine on R819T but I am using this version on International version of R819... Kind of busy working on testing the rest bug of this. What do you think?
  • charlie2alpha
    charlie2alpha #4, 9-9-2013 21:56:13
    Neal Chow
    Hah~~I am using this version on International version of R819... Kind of busy working on testing the rest bug of this. What do you think?
    I do not think anything yet, I am still waiting my R819 to arrive by mail.
  • Allanitomwesh
    Allanitomwesh #5, 9-9-2013 21:56:45
    Chinese forums most likely. Look at his nationality.Should work fine if you set language to English and remove Chinese apps with a root explorer.
  • charlie2alpha
    charlie2alpha #6, 9-9-2013 21:58:31
    Allanitomwesh
    Chinese forums most likely. Look at his nationality.Should work fine if you set language to English and remove Chinese apps with a root explorer.
    Interesting, but have no idea what's the proper way to root this. I assume we'll know soon, it's a brand new device.
  • Bob1988
    Bob1988 #7, 9-9-2013 22:06:24
    Neal Chow
    Hah~~I don't have the R819T so I can't test if this works fine on R819T but I am using this version on International version of R819... Kind of busy working on testing the rest bug of this. What do you think?
    Hello.Is this THE original download from THE site and how is it work? THE r819 is boatload unlocked so i download THE file and put it on my device en done? Sorry if it is a stuppid question.(bad english)
  • Neal Chow
    Neal Chow #8, 9-9-2013 22:06:39
    Allanitomwesh
    Nope.No such thing in Chinese forums at least for now. They sell R819T in China and this one is meant for R819 International version.
  • Matjaz
    Matjaz #9, 9-9-2013 22:14:20
    @Neal Chow:

can you post some pictures of the device with the ROM? Thanks!

And yes... I would also like to know where you got it from... just being precautious, since I dont want to brick or destroy my phone...

Cheers,
    Matjaz
  • samusalo
    samusalo #10, 9-9-2013 22:16:43
    charlie2alpha
    Interesting, but have no idea what's the proper way to root this. I assume we'll know soon, it's a brand new device.
    I used Framaroot, worked great.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

International

What do you think about the new OPPO Community?

Got ideas? Suggestions or bugs about the new OPPO Community? Feel free to share it with us here.