R7s Project Spectrum V1.1 Beta - Based on Android M
Started By: Tehu Started On: Jun 3, 2016
Edited by VivienneS at 3-6-2016 02:08 PM

Hello O-Fans,

Recently, there has been feedback regarding the R7s Project Spectrum V1.0 Beta based on Android M, particularly about not being able to revert back to ColorOS, or, not being able to use recovery mode once ColorOS has been restored. Because of these instances, we have decided to release this new version to fix the issues: - R7s Project Spectrum V1.1 Beta - Based on Android M.

Change Log
[System]
- Optimised the USB connection. Now when you connect your computer MTP will be the default connection option.
- Fixed issue of inability to enter recovery mode or fast boot once flashed backto ColorOS.
- Fixed issue of sound playing twice when the the soft keys are tapped.

[Camera]
- Fixed issue of not being able to take pictures when zoom is enabled.

[Photos]
- Optimised the photos app, fixed some layout issues.

Known Issue:
After update is completed, the first time boot-up takes around 5 - 15 minutes. Please be patient.

Download:
Full Wipe Package:

File name: R7sfSpectrum_V1.1_Beta_full_006.zip
File size: 960MB
MD5: FA98582E5EF23D1345A42655104AA270
Download: [CLICK HERE]
Note: This full package will wipe user data, please backup your data (use the Backup & restore app) before updating in case you want to go back to ColorOS. Data on you phone storage suchas movies and photos will not be affected.

OTA Package:

Filename:R7sfSpectrum_V1.1_Beta_patch_005_006.zip
File size: 115MB
MD5: 30FB244E27EE448444DAF36EC6CF13F3
Download: [
CLICK HERE]
Note: This package will not wipe your data, however please make sure you are on the previous public beta version(V1.0) and not rooted or installed a 3rd party recovery before applying this package.

How to Update:
Please find the instructions [
CLICK HERE],to get back to ColorOS.
Please flash this package [CLICK HERE].

The Next Step:
Bug Reports:
To report bugs please [
CLICK HERE]
Please follow the instructions and provide as much useful info (screenshots, logs etc.) as possible.

• Cgalaxy
    The New Guy
    Cgalaxy #2, Jun 20, 2016
    Thanks for releasing this update. I was one of those people that wanted to go back to color os after installing project spectrum but ended up not being able to get back into recovery and stuck on boot. Ended up having to take my phone to be repaired.
  • Deadlift
    The New Guy
    Deadlift #3, Jul 20, 2016
    I've been using this build for a few days now.

Some issues I've had:

I've noticed that it tends to stick to 4G even when it's really weak and my phone calls keep going in and out.

My Sennheiser CX.200i Mic does not work with the phone, it works fine on other devices and the OPPO provided mic works fine.

Also I look forward to RAW and Ultra HD options to be available again.

Finally, could we have the choice to add ColorOS features e.g Eye Protection.

• jknott
    The New Guy
    jknott #4, Mar 23, 2017
    This just crashed my phone and it won't restart. I hope it is covered under warranty.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

What do you think about the new OPPO Community?

Got ideas? Suggestions or bugs about the new OPPO Community? Feel free to share it with us here.